1. I will embrace every adventure that life presents.
2. I will not ride a dirty bike. Dirty bikes are like dirty shoes – they tell strangers all they need to know. Don’t give that wannabe down the street an excuse to judge you.
3. I will never eat bad carbs. If I’m going to eat carbs they are going to awesome. Long live fresh egg pasta and the Pain au chocolat.
4. I will celebrate with fine wine and not two buck chuck.
5. I will ride in full kit. Looking sloppy on the bike is for people who dunk Twinkies into box wine, and we already said we weren’t going to do that anymore.
6. I will have my bike tuned by a real mechanic. Chris Froome and Vincenzo Nibali probably know a thing or two about bikes, but they leave their machines in the hands of professional wrenches. There is a good reason for this.
7. I will not half-wheel my friends or make excuses when it’s my turn to ride at the front because I’m a nice guy.
8. I will avoid the temptation to ride beyond my capabilities or take too many risks when descending because hospitals are no fun.
9. I will not spend the whole Tour de France trolling Twitter, talking about power and blood values, because I’m not a WADA specialist.
10. I will be #fitbyspring. Seriously.